About the Foundation
The CASA Education Foundation helps ensure clean water for Californians by awarding scholarships to promising students on a path to serving the environmental community.
With no funding received from outside sources, the Foundation relies 100% on individual and organizational donations.
- Is an investment in the next generation of environmental professionals
- Helps address the challenges of an aging workforce
- Provides opportunities for you to meet and recruit talented scholarship recipients
- Identifies your organization as leaders
- Is tax-deductible *Please consult your tax professional. 501c (3) tax-exempt ID number 90-0869052
Through scholarships, students can focus on their studies in the fields of engineering, natural resources, public administration, wastewater operations, and other areas in the clean water sector.
Today’s Youth are Tomorrow’s Leaders
- News Release Template
- Scholarship Program Flier
- Pledge Form
- Sample Resolution Staff Report
- Model Resolution
Need an invoice? Please send your pledge request to Amelia at PledgeCEF@casaweb.org.
The Bruce Wolfe Memorial Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship designed specifically for students from the SF Bay Area who identifies as a gender other than male and/or whose racial identity includes any mix of BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color). Eligible students must have attended High School in the SF Bay Area. Applicants for this scholarship will fill out the standard CASA Education Foundation application and indicate their eligibility as part of that form.
2023 Scholarship Recipients
The CASA Education Foundation presented $5,000 scholarships to four worthy students in 2023. Learn more about the scholarship recipients and view their thank you videos.
The CASA Education Foundation was formed to enhance the future of California’s clean water community by attracting new professionals into the industry through scholarships. Students pursuing higher education in engineering, environmental science, public administration, or related fields, who show an interest in serving the clean water community are eligible to apply.
The focus of the CASA Education Foundation is to support all students: undergraduates, graduates and post graduates.
How to Apply
The application deadline for the 2024 scholarship year is Friday, May 17, 2024.
- Coursework plan for funded period
- Academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
Send all documents in one pdf, email to Edufirstname.lastname@example.org.
- California resident
- Attending an accredited college or university located in California
- Undergraduates, graduates, and post-graduates seeking a degree in:
- Public Administration/Communications
- Environmental Science/Biology
- Natural Resources
- Water Resources/Flood Control/Stormwater
- Resource Economics
- Wastewater and Water Operations Certification
- Other degrees which would prepare a student for a career in the clean water profession
- Must have been a full-time student during the immediately preceding semester or quarter or must provide proof of acceptance/admission into the next term
The CASA Education Foundation Scholarship Review Committee will screen and review all applications and make a final determination of selected awardee(s) based on:
- Relationship of academic and career goals to water environment community
- Participation in in extra-curricular activities, internships, and civic organizations
- Academic achievement
All applicants will be notified of whether or not they have won an award.