2017 State Legislation
- View the 2017 Bill List
2017 Position Letters
- 8-16-17 CASA CT allocations letter 2017
- 5-19-17 AB 1129 (Stone) Oppose
- 6-20-17 AB 574 Quirk Support SEN EQ
- AB 574 Quirk Support (03-15-17)
2016 Position Letters
- Little Hoover Commission Testimony (10-11-16)
- Support for Wastewater Cap & Trade Funding Allocations (5-9-16)
- SB 970 (Leyva) – SUPPORT (3-23-16)
- SB 1301 (Hertzberg) – SUPPORT (3-24-16)
- AB 2022 (Gordon) – SUPPORT (3-21-16)
- SB 919 (Hertzberg) – SUPPORT (3-24-16)
2015 State Legislation
AB 888 (Bloom) – Ban on Plastic Microbeads
AB 888, authored by Assembly member Richard Bloom will prohibit the use of plastic microbeads in personal care products like face wash, soap, and toothpaste after January 1, 2020. CASA is co-sponsoring AB 888 with Clean Water Action, Californians Against Waste, 5 Gyres, and the Story of Stuff Project because it offers the simplest solution for addressing microbead pollution, which is source control.
AB 1144 (Rendon) – Wastewater RECs
AB 1144 by Assembly member Anthony Rendon would increase the value of Renewable Energy Credits generated at wastewater treatment plants. CASA is sponsoring this important legislation which will recognize the importance of on-site generation in meeting the state’s renewable energy goals and addressing the water-energy nexus.
SB 119 (Hill) – Underground Excavations
CASA’s Involvement or Position: Watch, As Amended
SB 119 by Senator Jerry Hill would make changes to the state’s existing underground alert system. Of particular interest to CASA members are proposed changes to provisions relating to marking non-pressurized lines and the installation of tracer wire for new private sewer laterals. CASA has been working with the author, sponsors, and other stakeholders to ensure excavation safety while also advocating that the unique nature of wastewater infrastructure be recognized in the bill’s provisions.